Friday, July 8, 2016

Nothing "Beets" Love!

Today's card once again features the Garden Variety set of stamps and dies from Memory Box. I must be loving the beet die from this set because this is the second card I've done with this cute little veggie! I'm thinking this would make an unusual but cute anniversary card! You can also see this card on the Memory Box Outside the Box blog, dated Saturday, June 25th.

Can't Beet Love - 1I stamped and die cut two of the beets, then sponged Peeled Paint Distress Ink on the leaves, Worn Lipstick on one beet, and Dried Marigold on the other.  The faces were stamped next, and as you can see, I added brows to the boy beet and lashes to the girl. I had to add a touch of Worn Lipstick to the girl because a girl beet in love surely must be blushing! I then set the beets aside to add later.

Can't Beet Love - 2
I next sponged Peeled Paint through the Distress Grid stencil on the bottom half of a white card base. I took another quarter sheet of white card stock, positioned one of the Stitched Border dies about two thirds of the way down, and die cut that. Using the same die, I cut another border from a narrow strip of green card stock, and adhered that below the edge of the white piece, offsetting it just a bit for a more interesting border.  I lightly sponged Dried Marigold onto the center of the white piece, and used the negative of a circle die cut to sponge a little green at the bottom. I then splattered Forest Moss Distress Ink onto the entire piece before adhering it to the card base.

I die cut the Sketchbook Love from black card stock and added it to the bottom right of the card. I had to get a little creative with the rest of the sentiment. I snipped the word "happy" from the Springtime Bunnies set, and the word "in" from the Birthday Bunnies set, put them together on an acrylic block and stamped as shown with Versamark Onyx Black ink.

Can't Beet Love - 3
 
I adhered the smitten little beets with foam tape to the card front. The hearts were cut from white card stock using one of the dies from the Banner Parade set and I sponged Worn Lipstick onto the ones that I used, adding them where shown. I topped off the hearts and the beet faces with clear Wink of Stella.  And they lived happily ever after! Thanks for stopping by, and stay cool this weekend!


Sherrysig

No comments: