Monday, July 11, 2016

Row of Poppies Thank You

Hello!  Here is a summery kind of card featuring the Row of Poppies die from Memory Box. I hadn't used this die yet, and I thought it was about time. It's so delicate when cut, and it can easily be snipped apart to use on a smaller note card if desired. I made this a thank you card, but this design could also be used for just about any occasion. 

 Row of Poppies - 1 
I first cut a circle from the Stitched Circle Layers, and sponged on Peeled Paint through the Distressed Grid Stencil. I die cut the poppies from green card stock and again from white card stock. I sponged Scattered Straw Distress Ink on all of the white flowers, and added Spiced Marmalade to shade them. I then snipped off each of the sponged flowers and attached them to the corresponding flower on the green die cut. I then adhered these to the circle, snipping off the stems that hung over the bottom of the circle.

Row of Poppies - 2 
I thought it looked a bit boring when I laid it over a clean white card base, so I decided to splatter Forest Moss ink onto everything. Love that splattering! It still looked too plain to me, so I added two of the Grosgrain Ribbon die cuts to the background, then added the assembled circle to the card base using foam tape. I inked up the sentiments with Versafine Onyx Black ink and stamped the "Thank You" at the top. Uh-oh ... the rest of the sentiment was a little too long to stamp in a straight line at the bottom, so I decided to curve the saying to match the curve of the circle, and it fit just perfectly.

Row of Poppies - 3 
I added three of the butterflies from the Mini Butterflies set, along with a few gemstones to complete the card. So glad you stopped by! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
 Sherrysig

No comments: