Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thankful!

Hi everyone! Here is a light and happy card featuring one of my Memory Box go-to flowers, Sketch Daisy. I love the versatility of this die, and have used it so many ways. I hope you like this die as much as I do!
Sketch Daisy Journey - 1
It's almost impossible for me do a one layer card, and this one is no exception! I first cut a white piece of card stock to 3-3/4" x 5", softly sponged Spun Sugar Distress Ink where shown, and splattered Peeled Paint Distress Ink over that. I die cut three of the Sketch Daisy from a medium green card stock, and snipped off the flowers. I cut three of only the flower in white card stock.  I sponged a fairly heavy layer of Spun Sugar through the Peony Blossoms stencil onto a piece of white card stock, and cut three of the solid petals out of that.


Sketch Daisy Journey - Close Up
I offset the patterned petals onto the white open petals and glued them together. I adhered the stems and leaves first, then mounted the solid leaves with glue at the bottom tips and a small piece of foam tape towards the top of each leaf before adding them to the open leaves, again offsetting them slightly. I did the same with the flowers, adding a small piece of foam tape towards the top of two petals, and adhered them to the top of the stems using glue at the bottoms. This was worth the effort as I wanted the flowers and leaves to be three-dimensional.
Sketch Daisy Journey - 3The sentiment was stamped using Versamark Onyx Black ink. I added dew drops to the flower centers and scattered a few more. That assembled piece was then added to the card base with foam tape.  Thanks for stopping by, as always!
Sherrysig

No comments: